Circa £23,988 - depending on skills and experience
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
37 hours/ Full time
Dive into a world of opportunity!
Are you a hardworking, proactive and self-motivated individual?
If so, this could be the right position for you!
You will be one of our Works Technician Process Controller in the March/Huntingdon area. You will be reporting into the Treatment Manager, the controller has a responsibility to ensure Water Recycling treatment processes and systems are serviced and maintained. The key purpose of this role is to:
- Ensure site servicing is carried out in order that process run as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Ensure asset care activities (e.g. lubrication schedules) are carried out to required standards.
- Carry out routine checks as instructed through the tough-book or direct from the OMC Technicians.
- Monitor and record relevant scientific and process parameters and take suitable action
- Report upwards if there are any unforeseen process problems and when action limits have been exceeded.
- Ensure on-site sludges are dewatered as far as possible in order to link in with RTS collections
- Maintain sites at lowest possible energy demands without compromising compliance
- Maintain any energy reduction schemes or programmes put in place for sites
As a valued employee, you'll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 23 days annual leave - rising with length of service
- Access to a company vehicle, tools and all uniform and PPE
- Competitive pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a Works Technician Process Controller?
- The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Competency with IT systems
- Some exposure of sewerage design and construction
- Strong administration abilities
- Mandatory standby cover
Your ability to learn quickly, use your own initiative and to solve problems is far more important to us than previous experience. As the sites operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, you will need a flexible approach to working hours. You will be on a roster with the other Works Technicians, and you will work 37 hours per week over 6 days. There will be some weekend, evening work and Standby incorporated into the roster.
Why Anglian Water?
Water Recycling is at the heart of our operations. The key services that we are responsible for are delivered by our in-house, highly skilled workforce. We collect and treat the water that customers have used, returning it to the environment via rivers and coastal outlets. Our network includes 76,000 kilometres of sewers which feed over 1,000 water recycling centres.
Closing date: 07th March 2021