Whole Systems Lead
Location: Edinburgh or Horley
Salary: Personal Contract (dependent on experience)
As a world leading energy company, SGN are currently paving the way in cutting edge research and development towards a net zero energy system.
This opportunity is in our Energy futures team, pushing the frontiers of energy decarbonisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Energy Futures team as the Whole Systems Lead, reporting directly to the Director of Energy Futures.
Building on the fantastic research and development work to date, this role will focus on the engagement and co-ordination across the energy sectors and development of regional plans for decarbonisation across all SGN regions. The job holder will lead engagement with and negotiate partnerships across the full supply chain, from hydrogen and green gas producers, distribution and most importantly customers. The appointee will manage >£10m regulatory funds to engage with stakeholders and develop local area energy plans across heat, industry, electricity, and transport sectors. The role holder will liaise with both local and national Scottish and UK governments to ensure alignment with their respective decarbonisation policies, support, prepare for and manage Ofgem regulatory rollout mechanisms for Heat Policy Reopener and Net Zero reopener, culminating in the deep decarbonisation of the gas network through delivery of new infrastructure and conversion to hydrogen and green gas as part of the green recovery.
The job holder will lead, prioritise, and manage a portfolio of regional projects and engagement with the support of 3 regional leads, in Scotland, South and South East England.
Key responsibilities include;
- ×Advocacy for hydrogen and green gas solutions with key regional stakeholders and driving the development of Local Area Energy plans
- ×Ensuring effective communication and incorporation of green gas solutions in regional plans, LAEPs
- ×Managing project and programme delivery, under the UIOLIA or NIA; coordinating timely provision of pertinent information and liaising with core project delivery team outcomes
- ×Preparing high quality reports and presentations for both internal and external publication and engagement.
- ×Leading, participating in and attending key regional industry workgroups
- ×Carrying out engagement with local, devolved, and national government organisations, building an integrated whole energy system understanding
- ×Managing and developing direct reports
- ×Development of the Whole System R&D programme to ensure customer needs are met and that first and second order impacts between energy vectors are met.
- ×Co-ordinating and managing engagement with Communication and Stakeholder teams
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve career success.
As well as plenty of learning and development opportunities, we also offer a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
This role would suit someone who is passionate about the future of energy, with a knowledge and understanding of the gas network/energy industry, as well as expert business development, commercial, technical, and engineering knowledge.
We’re also looking for;
- ×Advanced project management techniques
- ×Excellent Business development skills
- ×Excellent communicator at all levels
- ×Excellent report writing and presentations skills
- ×Knowledge of the regulatory and Ofgem governance
- ×People management skills
- ×Qualified to degree level
- ×Contract management and negotiation skills, with the ability to write up contracts to a high level
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of energy. Our customers are our focus and supporting them on the decarbonisation journey will be key to meeting net zero. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we live and breathe, yet we want to make the world a better place by leading the energy revolution.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…