Main Purpose and Scope of Job
To provide a helpful, courteous and professional service to FCC customers. To operate the weighbridge in accordance with the Environmental Permit, Planning Permission, Government legislation, FCC Group policies, along with any schemes or initiatives brought in by FCC.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Ensure that all site users follow FCC Health and Safety Procedures.
• Ensure all weighbridge transactions are recorded in the manner instructed and in a timely fashion.
• Assist other site staff with their duties in relation to the site activities.
• Issue site user and visitor rules and other instructions/ information as required. Record issue of user rules.
• Control of site users, visitors, and contractors using the weighbridge and visitor book to record who is on site.
• Assist and give guidance to customers and site users. For example; directing vehicles, reminding customer to wear PPE etc.
• Report breaches of user rules or safety instructions using FCC procedures, including the issuing of ‘near miss’ reports.
• Provide occasional weighbridge cover for other Group sites if required.
• Undertake any other reasonable ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
• To be aware of, and conversant with the relevant details of any permits, Working Plan, Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, Emergency Procedures and other relevant health, safety & environmental documents as directed by the Site Manager.
• Generation of clear and factual information relating to all necessary paperwork on behalf of FCC.
• Liaise with and carry out any reasonable and safe duties assigned to you by site management.
• Assist in any other duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business. This may include providing cover for other staff members.
• Any other reasonable request by your line manager.
• Collate soils input and provide site manager with monthly report.
• Ensure site is secure at end of working day.
• Assist with raising purchase orders.
• Spoken and written English to GCSE standard.
• Experience in customer facing roles.
• Ability to use IT systems such as Microsoft Office, Excel etc.
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
• Duty of care.
Personal Attributes and other Requirements
• Commitment and determination to meet personal objectives. Strong drive and resilience.
• Ability to work alone, self motivated.
• Willingness to take on varied tasks at short notice.
• Highest standards in punctuality.
• Taking and recording soil samples and arranging collection for the lab.