Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Water Technician to work on our Yorkshire Water contract in Bradford. As a Water Technician you will be part of our Restoration team who are responsible for maintaining water supplies throughout the Yorkshire Water network.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any individuals who are looking to become a pivotal part in delivering performance targets such as Water Supply Interruptions, Customer Service, and Water Quality within an industry leading company. You will be working on a 4-on, 4-off shift pattern, to include days and nights over 365 days' per year.
As the Water Technician your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Proactively assist network technicians to operate the distribution network to ensure a continuous supply of flow to our customers
- Respond to reactive network failure offering assistance through network operation and the deployment of continuous supplies
- Undertake risk assessments in the context of supply and demand, water quality and supply interruptions
- Comply with legislative and company standards
- Understand the key health and safety risks of operating the clean water network.
- Work as part of a team to deliver excellent performance in the line with company strategies and objectives
- Understand the water act, retail competition and the obligations of Yorkshire Water
- Understand the principles of clean water networks and basic hydraulics
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Full UK driving licence with Categories C1 and C1E
- Can take ownership of problems to resolution
- Clear thinker and communicator
- Computer literate
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and on uneven ground
- You will be required to attend site in Bradford on a daily basis
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.