Location: Rainham (ME8 7UA)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:30 – 17:00 (45 Hour Week)
Salary: Up to £32,000.00 + Van & 24 Days Holiday
Clancy are recruiting for an experienced construction supervisor to join our Southern Water framework to Supervise and monitor the performance of crews completing enabling works and new connections across Kent (predominantly Rainham, Gravesend & Sheerness).
Reporting directly to the Area Manager, you will act primarily as managerial support to enable an efficient and effective delivery of the contract requirements. Proactively seeking ways to improve the delivery of work through promoting and communicating service performance and best practice to all staff.
- Day to day performance management of operational teams (direct and indirect) ensuring a safe & efficient service is delivered
- Monitor Gang outputs
- Undertake 64 point checks/CAT downloads
- Participate in the stand-by rota
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to ensure operational risk is managed effectively
- Promote and drive continual improvement
- Undertake regular safety audits / audits of work activity
- Identify safety hazards and ensure controls are implemented
- Ensure that all your team members have the appropriate training to be compliant and to ensure competency in their work
- Promote near miss / hazard spots reporting and ensure issues raised are resolved and lessons learned are shared to embed a positive health and safety culture to include zero harm and zero utility strikes
- Minimise the risk of fatigue and other well-being issues for the assigned teams
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of the utilities/construction industry
- Significant supervisory experience in utilities enabling work is highly advantageous
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrable IT skills
- Hold a relevant Streetworks Supervisor & Water Hygiene card
- Full & Valid UK driving licence is essential
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.