Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Water Main Pipe Layer to work on our Welsh Water contract in Bridgend.
As a Water Main Pipe layer you will be part of our WNA team who are responsible for the zonal studies mains replacement works.
As a Water Main Pipe Layer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lay water mains in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure all excavations are undertaken in a safe manner and in line with Morrison Utility Services procedures and polices
- Risk assessments (understand and able to follow)
- Set up and remove site (chapter 8)
- Defect and damage reporting
- Working in highways with pedestrians and live traffic
- Maintain a clean and tidy work vehicle and tools
- Escalate any issues that arise
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- NWSRA including reinstatement
- Driving licence including towing
- Water SHEA or CSCS
- Emergency first aid
- Manual handling
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT literate
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.