About The Role
IWJS have over 40 years’ experience of delivering sewer services, waste management and industrial cleaning to essential infrastructure services across the UK – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
IWJS is looking to recruit Waste Water Groundworker with strong knowledge and experience of wastewater remedial repairs and asset replacement that will help prevent internal and external flooding of properties.
You will be undertaking the excavation of wastewater drainage systems at all depths so will be required to have all the necessary industry qualifications and experience to competently and safely carry out the required tasks.
As a Waste Water Groundworker your duties and responsibilities will be:
- You will at all times implement the best working practices and company procedures to help maximise the use of working time to meet strict programme of work.
- You will follow all on-site procedures, industry regulations and standards and will at all times don site-specific PPE.
- Attend all pre-work Team Briefings and Tool-Box-Talks that will help keep you, your colleagues safe at all times.
- You will have a duty and responsibility to report and submit all near misses and close calls and the character and authority to cease any works or activities if deemed unsafe to you, your colleagues and or members of the public.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Confined space entry
- NRASWA Unit 10
- Excavation and Support of Trenches
- Cable Avoidance
- Asbestos Awareness
- Abrasive Wheels
- Working at Height
- Vehicle Banksman
- Emergency First Aid
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction
What’s in it for you?
- 20 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Reward Benefits Scheme
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.