Salary and Benefits: £20,904 - £26,130 per annum dependant on experience dependent on experience + pension + performance bonus + stand-by payment + 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays + training & development opportunities in line with the Waste Resolution Jetting Technician progression plan.
We are looking for more people to join us in the York area, depending on where you live will determine the areas you will cover.
You will be required to travel to different operational sites across the region therefore, you will need a full valid EU driving licence in addition to a LGV category C plus DCPC driving licence. Ideally you will have a clean license or no more than 6 points.
Once fully trained in the role you will need to take part in an out of hour's standby rota, therefore flexibility is an essential requirement of this role.
What will the role involve?
Part of a two-man team working within a geographical team to improve customer service and sewer system performance. You will be responsible for ensuring a first-time fix solution for customers and the environment whilst ensuring quality follow on work is raised in accordance with our standards and specifications.
Delivering a "first time fix" / same day solution to customer and environmental problems and to deliver the asset plan for sewer maintenance to eliminate escapes
You will ensure Health & Safety working practices and procedures are complied with at all times.
The Resolution Jetting Technician will be primarily responding to Internal Flooding and Restricted Toilet Use (RTU) customer problems to resolve the immediate cause and to complete a thorough investigation to resolve the root cause and achieve a first-time fix / same day solution, this will include the use of IT systems to collate information and relay accurate feedback including plans and photographs.
The Resolution Jetting Technician will safely, proactively and reactively maintain the sewers to promote and implement solutions which resolve and/or prevent a sewage escape (flooding and pollution) from occurring from the sewers and to ensure no repeats take place.
You will work closely with other Yorkshire Water teams and our contracted partners on site to resolve and manage operational issues on the sewer network.
What skill and experience are we looking for?
- You will need a full valid EU driving licence in addition to a LGV category C plus DCPC driving licence
- You will be operating a high pressured jetting and vaccumation vehicle and carrying out a range of manual handling duties including heavy lifting of manhole covers and operating heavy equipment involving high pressure water jetting systems and sewer cameras. Therefore, a strong health & safety background and be competent in the use of IT systems and the ability to be pro-active and take ownership of issues is an essential requirement for this role.
- Previous experience in a customer service related role with face to face communication with customers is essential.
- You will have the ability to think through problems and work with others to solve them, finding faults and diagnosing the root cause of an issue.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as you will need to capture, evidence and feedback information. You will also need to be able to influence outcomes and make decisions.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable liaising with operational teams, customers and stakeholders.
- It would be advantageous if you have previous jet van operation experience or experience driving liquid loads and a basic understanding of the sewer network although full training will be provided. This includes high pressure jetting training, confined space & NRASWA.
- You will have a flexible attitude to your work as you will be working a variety of rotas in the role to cover our working window. Once fully trained in the role you will need to take part in an out of hour's standby rota, therefore flexibility is an essential requirement of this role.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on-line and complete the application process and submitting your CV including a covering letter, outlining your key reasons for applying for the role.
Closing date: - 16th February
Assessment dates: - W/c 24th February
If successful for the role, you will be required to undergo a Basic Disclosure Check, through a Third Party Company prior to commencing employment.
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.