M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions is currently looking to recruit a Vehicle Damage Manager based in Stevenage.
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions provide plant & fleet asset management services across all M Group Services companies, including the provision of a wide ranging fleet of over 8,000 vehicles and over 30,000 owned or externally hired plant assets. This service provision extends to providing third party asset management and maintenance scheduling/reporting.
As the Vehicle Damage Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Minimise any VOR through accident damage – at fault or via third party
- To challenge the supply chain and negotiation of repair costs with external vendors
- Overall cost control and management of external supply chain in respect of accident costs and VOR.
- Manage local body shops (internal supply chain)
- Minimise any damage insurance costs
- Close liaison with Repairers, Clients, Engineers and contracts to manage expectations
- Work closely with the Compliance Teams to advise on the status of each vehicle and timescales
- Reduce repair downtime
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Must have experience as a body shop Estimator/Manager
- City & Guilds or other related formal qualifications is advantageous
- Understand the use of estimating systems
- Ability to interpret technical information relating to damage repairs
- Knowledge of costs and supply chain regarding parts, paint and labour rates
- A high and detailed level of body-shop and estimating knowledge
- Ability to deal with multiple repairs and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Maintaining company standards whilst working under pressure.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions are responsible for the supply and management of specialist equipment and vehicles across the whole of M Group Services, supplying the Utilities, Transport, Data and Telecom sectors.
It is our job to ensure all group businesses have the safe, compliant and fit for purpose tools needed to deliver successful results for their clients and the clients’ customers, keeping sites safe, roads in good condition and transport links active.
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.