Validation Administrator Location:
Bathgate, Scotland Business Area:
Utilities - Telecoms Contract:
Permanent, Full Time From Telecomms to Power, from Lands' End to John O'Groats.
It's taken a great deal for Kier Group to become one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers. It's taken people like you. Professionals who can help connect, heat and power over 15 million homes and businesses - in a team that works with emerging technologies to maintain 65km of gas pipes and install one million metres of fibre optic cable every year. About the Role
The Validation Administrator, sitting within the Operational Support section of the business, is responsible for validating the job packs sent to us by the client. The administrator will follow a process to either perform a desktop survey and pack validation or arrange a physical pre-inspection and pack validation.
The main objective of this role is to ensure that the job details sent to us by the client are accurate, and to take all reasonable and necessary steps to certify the fluidity of the job. This is a crucial role within the business as it ensures that our Operational colleagues can attend sites with a high degree of confidence that all preliminary checks have been made to safeguard the delivery of the job. Accountabilities
What we need from you: Knowledge & Key Skills Essential:
- Ensure that all Job Packs are validated within SLA
- Work with Ops Teams and Project Managers to schedule in Pre-Delivery site surveys
- Add notes to internal systems and Client systems to ensure that all parties are up to date with the status of the jobs
- Liaise with planning team to ensure clean handoff of work once validated to be planned into the work schedule
- Work alongside Client to resolve any issues found in the job packs to make the work fluid
- Attend conference calls and meetings with internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively work to improve process and delivery
- Any other reasonable request as determined by management
Knowledge of MS Office Package
Good level of IT competency
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. What you can expect from us:
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
05/03/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.