- Job Reference: 11151
- Date Posted: 10 March 2020
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: Glasgow (G2 5AD), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Digital
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
Our Retail business provides energy to 5 million households and businesses across the UK and we've been voted best large energy supplier of the year for 2018. At ScottishPower we want to do the right thing for our customers. We believe in fair pricing and offer a choice of tariffs to suit customer needs. We offer products that help our customers control and protect the energy in their homes and the flexibility to help customers manage their energy accounts today, tomorrow and in the future
The position of User Experience/User Interface Designer sits within the Digital function of our Retail business. As part of the UK Digital Department within Energy Retail you will play a significant part in the transition of the Retail business into a Digital world. As part of our Agile methodology and approach this roll will combine customer centric thinking to create concepts and aid in the illustration of new propositions and journey optimisations through sketches, mock-ups, wireframes, rapid prototyping and user testing. Supporting Scrum teams and business stakeholders alike through offering recommendations and UX/UI guidance from product ideation through to Design and Deployment as well as enhancing existing digital customer journeys and touch points. Our vision and your expertise will help set the direction for improving our digital services and improve the adoption of digital technologies both with our customers and internally.
As a User Experience Designer, you will work as part of a tool of resources across the Digital department either in a stand-alone basis or as part of small scrum teams of resources who will be responsible for carrying out detailed analysis and design on the chosen target solution for a Digital platform. Working closely with business stakeholder and the Digital Development team you will identify opportunities and changes to improve the online customer experience that will further support the growth of the Energy retail business plan. Working on new innovative connected home products with the freedom to explore and iterate on new ideas, helping grow our UX culture and be part of it. Within this role you will be responsible for:
* Providing support to the development activities within the ScottishPower family of Digital platforms
* Design innovative user centred products and services
* Creating a process of frequent change and improvements across the Digital environment by using your technical and creative skills
* Producing effective developments that create best in class customer propositions and interactions where appropriate
* Working in a collaborative manner with Analysts and Testers to collectively deliver to stakeholder requirements
Skills and Requirements
If you are a creative thinker with great design skills you will be well placed to work as a part of the ScottishPower UX/UI Design team. You will have a strong track record of user experience, digital transformation and a keen understanding of design thinking within a focused, fast moving busy environment or industry. With a natural sense of curiosity, you will actively seek out to find added value and solutions. An ability to think strategically while balancing an ability to deliver tactically as required is essential. We require people who take a pride in their work and only put forward what they are proud of. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
* A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Sketch
* Experience using prototyping software, for example: Marvel/Invision/Axure
* An understanding of the set up and restraints for websites and apps
* Experience in creating process diagrams for user flows
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
* Strong Delivery focus
* Experience of influencing and negotiating with customers/stakeholders
* Experienced in customer service or operational environment
* Specialist knowledge in Digital/Web or Customer Services business areas
* Understanding of commercial impact and opportunities of online/self serve customer service, marketing and sales
* Demonstrable experience of conducting analysis
* Awareness of Regulatory environment
What we Offer
This is a Permanent contract. Salary for this role is in line with market expectations.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you. ‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Telephone Interview, Design Challenge and Behavioural/Competency Based Interview with Technical Questions
* Competencies: Be Agile, Collaborate & Share, Focus to Achieve Results
Closing date: 1 April 2020