Job Title: Utilities Supervisor Location: Exeter & travel to surrounding areas Business Area: Kier Utilities- Western Power Distribution Hours: Monday to Friday Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 per annum plus company van & excellent benefits
Kier work as part of a framework for Western Power Distribution to ensure its customers have power in their homes, businesses, schools and hospitals.
As Utilities Supervisor, you will play a vital role in managing the team responsible for all stages of excavation works on site and aspects of dig & lay on the electricity networks. This role offers the opportunity to be your own boss, manage your workload and arrange regular site visits. We will support you with all the training and development required. Key Responsibilities:
What do we need from you?
- Focus on Health & Safety to ensure the teams are working compliantly whilst completing the work on time and to the required specification
- Liaise daily between multiple stakeholders
- Responsible for ordering and managing materials
- Plan, manage and coordinate safety audits
- Manage and inspect plant
- Coordinate reinstatement processes
- Deal with customer complaints
- Experience within the utility sector supervising a team (electrical sector desirable but not essential)
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Hold a NRSWA street works qualification (preferably supervisory level)
- Highly organised and good IT skills
Find out more here about the great we offer our employees.
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A matched pension scheme from 4% - 7.5% depending on your contribution
- Access to our discount shopping site with offers available from over 800 retailers including restaurants, travel providers and supermarkets!
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing . Closing Date: 20th December 2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. Recruitment agencies - we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance. For further information, visit our .