About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Utilities Coordinator to work on high profile York Place to Newhaven contract in Edinburgh.
As a Utilities Coordinator you will play an important part in our project, Edinburgh Trams - York Place to Newhaven, consists of a 4.69km route commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven. Two new sub-stations, eight new tram stops and a tram stabling area are to be constructed under the scheme, along with the tie-in between the existing twin track route from Edinburgh Airport.
As the Utilities Coordinator your duties & responsibilities
- Liaise in a clear and timely manner with Senior planner and internal staff to manage requests for installation of Utility Diversion and reactive activates.
- Produce works packs for sub-contractors and direct labour teams using our works system
- Manage completed project documentation returns to enable project closure and Asset Value claims.
- Liaise with the Asset Value claims team to ensure completion information is timely and accurate.
- Carry out other administrative duties as required by the Section Manager
- Liaise with the Streetworks team with regards to any works which require notices under the New Roads and Streetworks Act (NRSWA).
- Coordination of project materials.
- Liaise with the operational team to programme appropriate site operatives to carry out Multi Utility Site Works
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of Health Safety & Quality at all times
- Work within UKPS Policies and Procedures.
Skills & Knowledge
- Previous administration experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience within the utility sector in a construction administration role
- Commercial awareness
- Good knowledge of MS Office software, particularly Excel and MS Project
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Reward Benefit
- Company Van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.