Morrison Utility Services is looking to recruit a Turnkey Operative to work on our Yorkshire Water WSA contract in Deighton.
As a Turnkey Operative you will be responsible for ensuring all valving and sampling operations are undertaken and completed in accordance with MUS company policy and procedures, client specifications and any relevant statutory requirements. You will also assist the Task Teams in the cutting of water mains of any size and material.
As a Turnkey Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure client standards of service are maintained and where possible enhanced
- Ensure all allocated works are effectively managed so that delivery meets client, customer and company requirements
- Ensure works are carried out to YWS standard specification
- Carry out effective on site liaison with customers, clients, colleague and stakeholders
- Work with Area Managers, Planners and Back Office Staff to ensure that works are planned and executed efficiently
- Provide the data gathered at the end of each take within the required timescales
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Proven experience of clean water network, working in a fast paced reactive environment is essential
- Experience of cutting large diameter water mains
- EUSR Water Hygiene
- Calm Network and Sample trained
- Valve and Sample trained
- Proven ability and skills working on a Repair and Maintenance contract
- Experience in potable water utility contracting skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Appreciation and understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to identify hazards and complete site specific risk assessments
- Flexibility around working hours
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.