M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions is looking to recruit a Transport and Logistics Controller to join their Division who support front line operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit for purpose vehicles, plant and equipment from our Castleford Depot.
We currently provide a comprehensive fleet of over 7500 trucks, vans and cars, together with over 18000 items of general plant and specialist utilities equipment from our two locations.
As the Transport and Logistics Controller, you will be an integral part of our Hire Desk Team, running 5 HGV and LCV vehicles. We supply Plant and Vehicles to our contracts in Scotland, North Wales and the North of England.
As the Transport and Logistics Controller your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the supervision of drivers and effective route planning of the vehicles
- Plan delivery, collections and exchanges of plant and fleet equipment, using a variety of LCV's and HGV's
- Notify sites of collections and deliveries, including time critical deliveries/collections
- Coordinate exchanges with sites, and arrange transfer of equipment between depots
- Maintain Company FORS standards ensuring all driver training is carried out and completed, including monthly planned Tool Box Talks and debriefs, audits and gate checks
- Manage driver and vehicle uploads to Vision, debrief infringements, including escalation where necessary and monitor Samsara tracking system
- Transact in InspHire and Key2 to ensure transport costs are captured
- Book external haulage, agree rates, complete PO's and obtain RAMS where necessary
- Process and close down reported defects
- Collate driver incidents/RTC statements and approve driver's timesheets, monitoring overtime and working hours
- Manage failed collections and rebooking, including report analysis
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- HGV National Certificate of Professional Competence (not Driver's CPC)
- Working Time Directive - including driving hours and tachograph experience
- FORS knowledge
- Driver and vehicle fleet management experience, including O Licence Compliance
- HGV, Plant, Fleet hire desk experience
- National Route Planning experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience in FORS
- Experience user of InspHire, Jaama Key 2 advantageous
- Previous plant and vehicle hire experience would be an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
About The Company
M Group Services delivers a wide range of essential infrastructure services within the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors in the UK & Ireland.
We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service.
M Group Services, a trusted employer to c. 9,000 skilled specialists working from 100 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.