Transport Administrator (Part-Time)
- Job Reference: 00008893-1
- Date Posted: 11 February 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
The Transport Administrator is responsible for; delivering administration support and customer expectations in terms of service and delivery’s , and operating the Haulage operation in an efficient and effective manner in line with the annual budget by supporting the Transport Manager and the Driver teams.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the role is focused on the delivery of high quality service and reporting via the wide-ranging Transport Administration aspects.
It includes formal client facing / subcontractor facing Contract Administration and the control of key aspects of the Performance Mechanism and the support contracts. Attention to detail and the ability to be decisive and swift are essential.
The work is based on the main Transport site and covers 3 operational facilities:
• RE3 Haulage contract
• OCC Haulage contract
• High Heavens Haulage contract
Travel between Sutton Courtenay and RE3 will be required at times and occasional travel to other UK locations (training, visits, meetings) will be required.
1. To welcome / receive visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner and ensure the reception area is kept presentable.
2. To manage incoming communications calls / emails / post and ensure that only relevant callers are connected and taking messages when required.
3. To receive the morning postal delivery, despatch correspondence throughout the office in an efficient manner, and manage the delivery of outgoing post to the post office (Inc. liaising with external couriers).
4. To support / manage administrative enquiries and general administrative duties.
5. Ensure the office stationary cupboard is well stocked at all times
6. To co-ordinate meeting arrangements, travel itineraries and accommodation as and when necessary.
7. To type generate / develop / type memoranda, letters, faxes and reports from dictated audio and handwritten format, and ensure they are presented to an accurate and high professional standard.
8. Support all transport contractual and divisional requirements, with the production of word and excel documents. To prepare and amend electronic slide presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
9. Liaise with the suppliers of office services including equipment service engineers, etc., so that repairs and other matters arising are handled quickly and with minimum inconvenience.
10. Ensuring that holiday, sickness and leaver records are kept up to date and that information is forwarded to the HR Department on a regular basis.
11. To support the management of Facilities management on site under the guidance of the Transport Manager
12. To assist the generation and development of a data management system, and to maintain a comprehensive and readily accessible filing system in electronic and manual format according to departmental needs and circumstances.
13. To support projects as guided by the Management team on site.
14. To support communications and stakeholder management activities.
15. To research and analyse data / reports / information to support the successful delivery of the contract.
16. Any other reasonable request.
1. Clean driving licence and access to a car (mileage reimbursed via expenses)
2. Proven administration experience in demanding office environments.
3. Reputation for consistent delivery within a demanding business environment.
4. Proven ability as a team player.
5. Relevant Transport / industrial / waste / resource / materials management
Experience would be helpful.
Personal attributes and other requirements
1. Proven oral and written communication skills.
2. Numerate and IT literate, with the ability to use data and management information effectively to help deliver performance.
3. Decisive and comfortable with responsibility.
4. Ability to work with regional and central specialists.
5. A confident spokesperson, credible as a representative of the company
6. Able to work accuracy, intent, drive and enthusiasm to achieve leading-edge standards.
7. Able to embrace change, committed to finding better ways of doing things.