Training Lead & Internal Quality Assessor Location:
Basingstoke Business Area:
Utilities - Telecoms Contract:
Permanent, Full Time From Telecomms to Power, from Lands' End to John O'Groats.
It's taken a great deal for Kier Group to become one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers. It's taken people like you. Professionals who can help connect, heat and power over 15 million homes and businesses - in a team that works with emerging technologies to maintain 65km of gas pipes and install one million metres of fibre optic cable every year. About the Role
We are looking for a Training Lead & Internal Quality Assessor who will monitor, review and evaluate the quality of assessment processes and practice and ensure awarding body standards are maintained. They will monitor the quality of assessor performance, identify assessor development needs and facilitate assessor development to maintain and improve the quality of assessment. Additionally ensure documentation and records meet quality and regulatory requirements. Main Responsibilities
What we need from you?
- Plan and prepare monitoring activities according to the requirements of own role.
- Determine whether assessment processes and systems meet and operate according to quality requirements.
- Check that assessors meet the requirements for their role.
- Analyse assessor capabilities and potential in the context of their objectives and other requirements.
- Agree and prioritise assessor learning needs and produce individual development plans with assessors to reflect these.
- Provide assessors with feedback, advice and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice.
- To track Learner progress and check that assessments are planned, prepared for and carried out according to agreed procedures.
- Check that assessment methods are safe, fair, valid and reliable.
- Check that assessment decisions are made using specified criteria.
- Compare assessor decisions to ensure they are consistent.
- Work with assessors, trainers, employers, and Learners to ensure the standardisation of assessment practice and outcomes.
- To chair and minute standardisation and qualification specific assessor meetings as appropriate.
- Liaise with Examinations and Accreditation department have timely notification of all qualifications to be claimed together with relevant documentation to prove authenticity of claims.
- Liaise with the Examinations and Accreditation department regarding the arrangement and secure storage of all Learner portfolios until sampled by the awarding body.
- Liaise with curriculum staff regarding External Quality Assurance visits and be actively involved in managing these visits.
- Follow agreed procedures when there are significant concerns about the quality of assessment.
- Follow agreed procedures for the recording, storing and reporting and confidentiality of information.
- Continuing professional development
- Identify current performance requirements relevant to own practice.
- Identify trends and developments relevant to own skills, knowledge and practice.
- Identify and critically reflect on how own beliefs and attitudes influence own practice.
- Seek feedback, collect information and continually reflect on own performance.
- Assess the extent to which own practice is inclusive and promotes equality and diversity.
- Prioritise areas for development and plan how learning and development will be achieved.
- Access development needed to carry out own work more effectively and continually use a range of resources to keep own knowledge, skills and practice up to date.
- Keep records of own actions, development plans and progress, and use them to support and inform ongoing reflective practice.
- Apply new knowledge and skills to consolidate learning, improve own practice, and review the effectiveness of newly acquired knowledge and skills.
- Share knowledge, skills and improvements to practice with colleagues where it is likely to be of benefit.
- Maintain agreements about confidentiality.
- Participate in the Staff Development and Training programme to meet personal, professional and Service development requirements.
- Participate in training and development that the Service regards as essential to the job role.
- Attend staff meetings as required
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
- Comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the Council and any relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act and Data Protection Act.
- Current and continuing involvement within the business sector
- Significant experience in assessment and verification
- Of meeting operational targets set for timely success.
- Of working successfully as part of a team
- Of marking, assessment conventions and tracking systems.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Professional qualifications in relevant field to at least Level 3
- Vocational qualification Level 4/5 in appropriate vocational area
- Internal Quality Assurance qualification (D34, V1, QCF L4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice or QCF L4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice)
- Assessor Award (D32, D33, Al Assessor Award or Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement).
- PTLLS or equivalent (or willingness to work towards qualification)
- A strong commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and have evidence of own on-going CPD
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, written, telephone)
- Good organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Highly developed ICT skills
- Ability to manage own workload and to work unsupervised
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Good subject and vocational knowledge and understanding
- Current and up-to date knowledge of good practice in National Occupational Standards
- Ability to complete relevant documentation and produce reports.
- Have a flexible approach and the ability to liaise with learners, employers and curriculum staff
- Knowledge and understanding of the AE/FE sector
- Membership of relevant professional body
- An excellent understanding of, and commitment to: Equality and diversity Health and safety Ethical sales activity Customer care
ATTITUDE / MOTIVATION
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development
- Able to demonstrate a positive response to change and to being open to new ideas and ways of working.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Work effectively as both a team member and as an individual
What can you expect from us?
- Ability to travel around the County (and to other areas of the Uk) in an agreed timely manner
- Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case by case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant's criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
05/05/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.