About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit an experienced Training Coordinator to join our training department called Train With Us to be based in Oldham, Greater Manchester. The successful candidates must have preferably worked in or have working knowledge of the Power & Gas sectors.
As a Training Coordinator you will be part of a growing team setting up and providing an internal training service across our operational contracts and business units.
As a Training Coordinator your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Identifying the training needs for groups of employees based on published training matrices
- Arranging training events with key suppliers to produce and maintain a published calendar that will meet expected demand
- Liaising with business and contract managers to plan, book and co-ordinate training for their teams
- Working with suppliers to implement the process for the whole life-cycle of training administration from making reservations through to certification and evaluation
- Providing a range of financial and utilisation reports as required from across the spectrum of the training service, including identification of need, cost of liability to comply and cost of no shows
- Receiving training certification, applying for scheme registrations and ensuring safe delivery to candidates and line managers
- Using and maintaining a range of training systems to record results and track compliance
- Applying and tracking CITB and other training grant applications
- Ensuring feedback from training events is obtained, assessed and acted upon Skills and Experience Required:
- A broad understanding and experience of the utility and construction sector in relation to training schemes and standards
- Having a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills and having an attention to detail
Skills & Knowledge requirements:
- Holding a recognised membership CIPD (or working towards) in training and development
- Experience of working within a similar role
- Excellent all round experience in operating IT systems specifically MS Office
- Working in a team delivering a time dependent service
- An understanding and experience of claiming CITB training grants
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.