Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Traffic Management Support Operative to work on our Yorkshire Water contract in Ecclesfield.
As a Traffic Management Support Operative, you will be part of our highly skilled and dedicated team who are responsible for the installation and removal of all types of Traffic Management.
As a Traffic Management Support Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Carry out and record daily vehicle checks
- Loading and unloading all aspects of traffic management onto vehicles and making sure all vehicles are sufficiently and safely secured
- Be able to carry out and complete site specific risk assessments and amend when necessary
- Adjust sites accordingly when required
- Be competent in using a stop/go system of work
- Install, maintain and dismantle all types of temporary traffic lights including 2 way and multi-phase
- Maintain traffic management sites including battery exchanges
- Read, understand and follow CAD drawings
- Setting out, maintain and remove road closures and diversions
- Be competent in the taking of site set up and dismantle photographs
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- NRSWA unit 2 signing, lighting and guarding
- Full and thorough understanding of the Safety at Street Works and Road Works, a code of practice document
- Computer literate
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.