Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a number of Traffic Management Supervisors to work in various locations across our Severn Trent Water contract.
As the Traffic Management Supervisor, you will work closely with Senior Agents and Project Management to oversee and organise traffic management and to support and manage the Traffic Management Team. You will ensure efficient and effective execution of works to NRSWA a code of practice standards and above in a cost efficient and productive manner whilst achieving contractual requirements and contract objectives.
As the Traffic Management Supervisor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- General management of area, teams and sub-contractors
- Carry out site visits, assess traffic management requirements and give conclusive in-depth feedback of what is required as per NRSWA a code of practice
- Correspond with the client, customer, Local Authority representatives, area agents and other colleagues to monitor progress and resolve problems
- Maximise day to day organisation, production and management of traffic management on site, planning and control of labour, plant and resources to ensure efficiency
- Ensure all jobs are managed and completed within the highways notice periods
- Ensure costs (fuel, plant, and material, labour) and risks are controlled
- Proactive management of future works to minimise disruption and failure due to preventable mistakes
- Proactively work in reducing CAT A defects and Section 74 charges from local authorities
- Discuss productivity against programme with team on a daily basis
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in Traffic Management sector
- Experience working at a manager level (Desirable)
- Commercial awareness
- Full UK drivers licence
- NRSWA Supervisors qualification
- LANTRA accreditations M1, M3, M5, M6.12AB (Desirable)
- Emergency First Aid
- Excellent organisational skills
We are looking to place successful candidates in the following areas:
- Raynesway - Derby
- Finham - Coventry
- Staverton – Worcester/Gloucester
- Shelton – Shrewsbury
- Burslem – Stoke
- Hucknall Road – Nottingham
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.