Hours: 07:30 - 17:00
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £10 + Performance Related Bonus + Overtime & Standby rates (On target earnings circa 40K+)
Due to expansion we are delighted to announce that our traffic management business has several opportunities for conscientious and customer focused team players, with a high regard for health and safety to join our depot in West Hyde, that covers the South East.
As a Traffic Management Operative, you will play a key role in enabling our workforce to carry out their activities, by delivering, collecting and exchanging equipment. Our traffic management operatives are integral to helping us achieve our vision of building a World where all infrastructure is sustainably built and maintained and ensuring the country keeps running.
Deliver, collect and exchange traffic management equipment such as cones, sandbags, signs, frames and temporary traffic lights, position units at customer sites and ensure they are installed correctly.
- Maintain battery banks and exchange the equipment
- Manage checklists to ensure equipment and systems are fit for use and fully operational prior to delivery
- Check and record damage / condition of equipment upon return from hire
- Ensure timesheets/work sheets/risk assessments and method statements are accurately completed within the required time scales
- Ensure vehicles, tools, spares, company clothing and equipment are always maintained in a ready and usable condition
- Maintain a safe, tidy and clean yard, that includes washing and the movement of equipment
- Assist with loading & unloading of units from delivery vehicles
- Experience/Knowledge & Skills Required
A full and valid UK driving license is essential and we are keen to see applications from candidates with previous traffic management experience.
A B+E license, NHSS 12D qualification & Streetworks (NRSWA) accreditation would all be advantageous.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension and holiday allowance starting at 22 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.