Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a number of Traffic Management Operatives to work in various locations across our Severn Trent Water contract.
As a Traffic Management Operative, you will be part of our highly skilled and dedicated team who are responsible for the installation and removal of all types of traffic management.
As the Traffic Management Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Carry out and record daily vehicle checks
- Be responsible for loading and unloading all aspects of traffic management onto vehicles and making sure all vehicles are sufficiently and safely secured
- Carry out and complete site specific risk assessments and amend when necessary
- Setting out, maintaining and removal of road closures, lane closures, diversions and install and dismantle all types of temporary traffic lights including 2 way and multi-phase
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- NRSWA unit 2 signing, lighting and guarding
- Lantra accreditation M1, M2 and M5. M3 and M6 preferable but not essential
- Have a full and thorough understanding of the Safety at Street Works and Road Works code of practice document
- Competent in the maintenance of traffic management sites including battery exchanges
- Able to read, understand and follow CAD drawings
- Experience in setting out, maintaining and removal of lane closures
We are looking to place successful candidates in the following areas:
- Raynesway - Derby
- Finham - Coventry
- Staverton – Worcester/Gloucester
- Shelton – Shrewsbury
- Burslem – Stoke
- Hucknall Road – Nottingham
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.