Morrison Utility Services is looking to recruit a TP137 Principle Contractor Site Manager (Civil) to work on our National Grid contracts in England & Wales. The role will support nationwide projects and will require frequent travel within the UK.
As a Site Manager you will be a part of our Electricity Transmission Construction team who deliver National Grid and private generation company’s 66kV to 400kV projects. This involves refurbishing existing and building new substations including associated OHL works and HV cabling.
MUS Electricity Transmission are proud to be a key contractor to National Grid, delivering substation new builds, HV asset replacements, Bay refurbishment works, Protection upgrades/replacements across the UK including Engineering design, project management, HV Procurement, HV cable installation, Overhead Line (OHL) works, civil construction, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition.
As a Site Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of site operatives, subcontractors and site work
- Development and implementation of Safety documentation including Construction Phase plans, Site Quality plans and, Risk Assessments / Method Statements
- Undertake inspections in line with accepted Inspection Test Plan’s (I.T.P’s) & Inspection Check Lists (I.T.C’s)
- Management/supervision of all associated project Temporary Works
- Review civil design for constructability & liaise with civil design department in regards to alternate design, installation methodologies, materials etc.
- Reduce all construction associated costs where applicable
- Planning and programming of current and future works
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- An extensive knowledge of construction methodologies within the Electricity Transmission industry
- Competency to work in Substations 66kV to 400kV inclusive
- Previously or current authorisation to National Grid TP 137.11
- Qualified to a suitable level in Construction, Mechanical Engineering or an Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of NEC contracts
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health, Safety and Environment
- Cost / Value reporting exposure
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to work within budget and to programme timescales
- IT literate, specifically in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel and work away at customer sites
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.