About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technician. You will be Responsible at Coppermills Water Treatment Works. You will be responsible for carrying out site rounds and frontline maintenance, as well as this you will ensure compliance with internal asset standards and external statutory requirements.
As you can see, this is a fundamental role. You will work with and provide support to colleagues in the shift team and also the maintenance team for the benefit of health and safety and process optimisation.
This role is varied and involves a balance of planned and reactive work. if you are successful you will the opportunity to help impact one of the largest water treatments works in the Thames Water Area.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Carrying out rounds and checklists that verify the operation and condition of a number of the treatment processes on-site, inclusive RGFs, slow sand filters, and ozone
- Carrying out statutory rounds that ensure compliance with health and safety legislation, such as fire safety, legionella, and emergency lighting
- Carrying out frontline maintenance on a range of assets, from valve actuators to instruments, and reporting any faults identified to site management for subsequent action
- Assisting colleagues in the shift team and the maintenance team on reactive jobs where required. This may involve resetting pumps or providing support in confined space entry teams
- Ensuring that all records and checklists are carried out to regulatory requirements, such is their purpose in-process monitoring and assurance
- Ensuring that all planned and reactive work is captured by opening and closing jobs correctly on your mobile device, such that investment decisions can be targeted appropriately through accurate data collection
- Highlighting, and resolving where possible within harm, any health and safety risks that you observe on-site. You will take ownership of your own health and safety and that of your colleagues by escalating any concerns to management so they can be recorded before their resolution
- Attend and engage with all team huddles and meetings, being able to demonstrate priorities for the day and the week
- You will be attentive and constructive in receipt of safety briefings and corporate communications and suggest any areas where improvements can be made
What’s in it for you:
- Previous experience working in a frontline role
- Previous experience working in a process industry, preferably the water industry
- Previous training and expertise in health and safety
- A health and safety aptitude is mandatory
- You will have proven experience working in a team and will excel when working with colleagues from other teams to achieve a mutual goal
- You will have an ability to be self-led and prioritise, ensuring that mandatory work is completed without fail
- An understanding of IT equipment is beneficial
- Previous experience and skills in basic fault finding are beneficial
- UK Driving Licence
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service, and much more, including our referral scheme. You can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region, and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.