Technical Officer (18853)
Job ID: 18853
Location: Bolton UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
You will meet all water quality and environmental compliance standards, as well as complying with all company, statutory and regulatory policies and procedures relating to health, safety and security within a defined Water Production Area. You will be part of a team of Process Controllers and multi-skilled Engineers who are responsible for the safe effective operation, maintenance and optimisation of water production assets.
As Technical Officer you will work in conjunction with Process Controllers and the Water Production Manager, identifying operational problems and existing asset needs relating to compliance, condition, serviceability & optimisation. You will also be required to:
Knowledge and Skills
To be successful in this role you will need an in-depth technical knowledge of the water treatment process with appropriate operational experience. You will also need:
- To have completed or be working towards an accredited qualification or standard that is relevant to your role in a technical discipline
- The ability to balance a busy workload whilst managing to meet key targets and produce high quality work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to utilise all analytical data tools.
- Knowledge of safe systems of work, company policy, statutory regulations, operations procedures, maintenance procedures, administration procedures.
A full driving licence
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Servic
- This is a great opportunity for a person to join a relatively small team that ensures water keeps flowing within the Bolton area.