About the role:
Working collaboratively within an established team, you will have exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders including contractors and suppliers. You will be dealing with external Local Authorities, minor and major house builders, designers, consultants and individual homeowners. You will communicate internally with multiple teams and departments which provide opportunities to enhance and build long-lasting relationships and build your reputation as an expert in the field.
In an ever-changing environment, you will be in a position to support and assist the implementation of new processes and systems, provide constructive feedback to enhance training material and improve the service we deliver to our customers. Thames Water supports continual development in this role and across the wider business.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Technically supporting and providing full quotations under supervision from a qualified engineer for all types of sewer connections.
- Technically assessing, approving and being the main point of contact in the team for sewer connection consents under S106.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships between yourself and our Alliance Partners to ensure smooth and efficient transactions and delivery for all quoted connections.
- Responding to internal and external customer requests for information, advice and guidance on technical matters and service delivery in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Prioritising work to deliver/achieve WaterUK compliance, a good customer experience, being prepared to make decisions and being innovative in approach to improve customer satisfaction.
- Proactively managing workloads to meet customer demands.
- Effectively contribute to the meeting of the team’s overall performance and achievement of all targets.
- Taking corrective action when jobs are in jeopardy or failing to meet the customer agreed date or service requirements.
- Maintaining and recording quality, accurate, up to date customer information on relevant systems.
- Assist in the implementation and subsequent maintenance of new methods of working.
What’s in it for you?
- You must have a technical background in an engineering profession, preferably a background in the Water Industry.
- Strong communication skills are essential and the ability to maintain and develop good working relationships to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Able to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience as you are regularly dealing with customers.
- You must be able to prioritize high volumes of work in a fast-paced environment where daily responsibilities can change. You will be required to take responsibility for your own workload and use your initiative to find an appropriate resolution.
- You must have good problem-solving skills and be able to work as an integral part of the team.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer complaints both written and verbally is advantageous.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with a length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.