About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently in search of an experienced Technical Bid Writer with experience of the water and waste water market sectors. Reporting into the Contracts Director for Business Services the role will be to lead major project and framework bidding activity insofar as our technical submissions are concerned.
The primary responsibility is to be the main interface for our technical submissions associated with any tenders/bids. The role will be to lead and manage the development of technical submissions associated with one off major projects and framework opportunities in the North Area Region of MWS including the liaison with the relevant operational leads/SME’s, adoption of best practice, consultation with the knowledge bank and bid library and liaison with our internal marketing team where applicable.
As a Technical Bid Writer, your role and responsibilities will include:
- Formulation and development of the bid/tender management team with respect to the technical submission
- Enhance the current major projects tendering process to improve the company’s ability to win work
- Conduct and contribute towards pre and post tender/bid meetings with clients in pursuit of securing work
- Actively lead the technical submission requirements
- Manage the interface and engagement with the operational leads relevant to the opportunity
- Oversee and partake in the physical bid writing function
- Facilitate and actively engage with other departments within the business where relevant.
Skills and knowledge requirements:
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the water and waste water market sectors
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident and self-motivated individual with the ability to innovate
- Able to manage situations when workload presents conflicting demands
- Be able to work with others to understand, develop and harness the knowledge and best practice both within and outside of the business
- Report writing skills
- Bid management (desirable but not essential)
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.