Team Manager – SGN Stornoway
Basis Salary: £34.6k - £43.3k per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
Car allowance or company car, Potential Significant Standby payments.
We are looking for a Team Manager to join our Scottish Independent Undertakings team based in Stornoway, reporting to the District Manager.
Please note this is a re-advertisement and previous applicants need not re-apply.
- Participate in the management of all SGN activities and resources including the LPG storage facility, mains network and provision of Emergency service. Thus, ensuring the provision of safe, cost effective and customer focused operations.
- Ensure that H.S.E. legislation and SGN Standards of Service, policies and procedures are complied with.
- Participate in a high frequency emergency standby rota; you will receive appropriate additional payments for this.
- Monitor and improve productivity to drive performance.Promote best practice, identify and introduce business improvements to achieve business targets.
- Manage projects associated with modifications to the SIU plant and gas distribution network including the preparation of capital applications.
- Manage the construction process associated with the new Pipelines and Plant: upgrading or replacing plant and equipment or diverting pipelines.Liaise with local authorities, contractors, customers and the general public to promote good customer relations.
- Maintain appropriate records to satisfy legal and operational requirements.
- Ensure that the annual maintenance programmes are completed in accordance with legislative requirements and Company policy.
- Prepare, plan and authorise operations in accordance with the Safe Control of Operations procedures.
This role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You will have at least two years Engineering experience together with a formal recognized qualification at minimum HNC level, Graduate level applicants are most welcome.
- Motivation and a flexible, positive approach to work.
- Good leadership, organisational, diagnostic, problem solving and man management skills and the ability to act on your own initiative.
- Effective communication skills at all levels, within and beyond your own team.
- A commitment to safety and to providing coaching and leadership.
- A full valid driving licence is essential as you may need to travel to various SGN locations.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…