Team Leader / SIU Craftsperson
Salary: £37.4k - £41.6k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
This exciting opportunity has arisen within our Scottish Independent Undertakings (SIUs) in Wick. The SIU’s are unique in the UK in that they are not connected to the National Grid system and use Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) as a feedstock.
This excellent opportunity is ideally suited to an experienced First Call Operative with a ‘service’ background, heating engineer/plumber or any other skilled trade. You will ideally hold a City and Guilds and/or ACS accreditation in your field.
The duties of this role will be multi-skilled, and the successful applicant will be involved in boiler servicing, emergency duties and meter work. Other skills will be developed over time to include mains and service laying and plant duties. Full Training in all SIU activities will be given to the successful candidate.
What you’ll need
- Ideally you will be a time served skilled tradesperson or a third-year apprentice preferably holding a City and Guilds and or ACS accreditation
- You will be reliable, practical, and hardworking
- Have good leadership qualities together with excellent inter-personal skills
- You must hold a full driving licence
- The work is physically and mentally demanding and you will be expected to work in a variety of outdoor environments
- Have the ability to use field IT equipment and achieve high standards of safety and technical competence.
The nature of the job means that you will be expected to work variable hours and will be required to participate as necessary in a high frequency standby rota.
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
What we do…
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs