About the role:
As the Technical Services Lead, you will provide support to the wider team on Technical aspects of the journeys, developing and maintaining processes, coaching and performance reporting.
As part of the role, you will be expected to act as the SME of the processes within the team, to work with all interested parties to develop and maintain fit for purposes processes, owning the production of supporting materials and delivering of coaching to the team. This will require an ability to apply logic and think strategically to develop processes that are both fits for purpose and cost-effective whilst meeting customer needs.
You will also be required to establish and maintain strong relationships within the field and office teams and adopt a highly collaborative approach to resolving customer issues. They must also be able to communicate effectively and professionally with external parties including Water Retailers and partner and contractor organisations. Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Work with the schedulers to ensure all works required for the day are allocated to field staff within service level agreements and as promised to the customer on behalf of Thames Water through Click Optimisation
- Represent Thames Water by Interacting with all customers in a timely, professional, efficient and polite manner (including external customers, network engineers, contractors, Operations Contact Centre, Escalations, Customer Insight and Resolution, colleagues within the Customer Assurance team)
- Work closely with Field teams, partners and contractors to maximise resources and ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner and to an industry-leading standard
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and maintain processes within the Technical and Specialist Team
What’s in it for you:
- Understanding of Work Management Process and Systems preferred
- Customer Service experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet demanding targets
- Evidence of previous scheduling and planning to field-based teams preferable
- Previous Wastewater/Water industry experience preferable
- Previous experience of process development and implementation preferable
The opportunity to be part of the shaping process and procedures for a new high profile project as well as working alongside an experienced team to support and develop existing processes.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.