Team Leader (Craftsperson)
Salary: £27.1k - £30.1k
There is an opportunity for the position of Team Leader (Craftsperson) based at Aldershot Depot.
The overall purpose of this job is to repair, replace and lay new gas mains and services.
- Safeguard life and property whilst attending the gas escape
- Establish the cause of the gas escape
- Take required action to stop the gas escape
- Ensure site safety for themselves, colleagues and members of public
- Carrying out work in accordance with current codes of practice
- Testing and commissioning to the required standards
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
The job holder should have GN01, GN02, NRSWA (New Roads and Street Works Act) and ELR (Escape, Locate and Repair).
The technical skills and job knowledge/experience essential in this job are:
- Pipework skills
- Knowledge of SGN systems
- Following required guidelines – HSG47 Avoiding danger from underground services
- Communication skills for dealing with members of public
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
A full and valid driving licence is essential.
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…