Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Team Leader to work on our Welsh Water contract in Bodelwyddan, North Wales.
As a Team Leader, you will support growth within the Capital and Developer Services work streams of the Dwr Cymru Welsh Water - Water Network Alliance Contract. Welsh Water is the sixth largest of the ten regulated water and sewerage companies in England and Wales who are responsible for providing over three million people with a continuous, high quality supply of drinking water and for taking away, treating and properly disposing of the wastewater that is produced.
You will provide operational capability in all areas of the Capital and Developer Services of the clean water network. The role varies between small diameter domestic pipework, water network fittings (AVs/ PRVs/ WOs) through to larger diameter mains renewals and repairs.
As a Team Leader your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Maintain and encourage a positive health and safety culture and ensure that all plant is operated safely and serviced to schedule and calibrated in a timely manner, mitigating risks to health and safety
- Ensure all areas of operational delivery meet Morrison Utility Services, the client and customer requirements inclusive of Hygiene, Quality and CML, DG7 and customer complaints
- Ensure all allocated work is effectively managed so that delivery meets the client and customer requirements and are delivered within relevant regulatory and client asset standards (SLA)
- Ensure the Planning Team and Supervisors have all the relevant information, job details, plant, equipment and materials to complete the job close down procedure and for it to be invoiced
- Carry out all on site risk assessments
- Undertake regular checks on vehicles, trailers, fittings and plant to ensure good housekeeping is carried out and they are safe to use and operate
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Proven track record in the installation and repair of mains and fittings on a clean water network
- Ability to work within health and safety legislation
- Previous experience of operating and delivery within the Clean Water Utilities Sector with a working knowledge of pressurised pipelines, safe dig techniques, trial hole investigations, under pressure installation, cut outs, hygiene practices and streetworks safety
- Streetworks qualified (NRSWA card 1 to 6 and 9) and qualified with SHEA Water Card, Asbestos awareness, Towing capability, CPCS below 10t, First Aid
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective communicator at all levels
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.