Location: Hazards Green, (TN33 9NJ)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:30 – 17:00 (45 per week)
Salary: £11.00 p/h
Clancy are looking to recruit a permanent Support Driver on our South East Water contract to assist site teams with the safe operation of vehicle and plant machinery.
Due to increasing demand, our South East Water Repair & Maintenance framework require an additional driver to join the team to implement our ‘Dig and Go’ model, driving a half truck vehicle and assisting with Grab Lorry operation to backfill sites across the Client network in the Sussex region.
- You will support operational contracts through multi-drop activities relating to vehicle and plant machinery
- Complete daily operational/maintenance checks on your vehicle and maintain driver qualifications
- Ensure sites are safe prior to starting & following the completion of work
- Comply with mobile device operation for the completion of daily work tasks
- Comply with legal and legislative policies and procedures in relation to health safety and environmental policies and the highway code
- Ensure that management information systems are accurate and up to date at all times
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- A Full & Valid driving licence, appropriate for multi-vehicle experience, is essential for the role
- NRSWA qualification is essential, both units 1 and 2 (Signing, Lighting & Guarding) are highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience of multi-drop driving & highways utilities work
- Excellent communication (both written & verbal) and organisational skills
- B1 towing qualification would be advantageous
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 22 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.