Supply Chain Manager
Location: Flexible across Southern England and Scotland
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 depending on skills and experience + bonus + car allowance
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week Flexible working patterns available
This is a newly created opportunity to join SGN as a Supply Chain Manager. We are seeking someone with specialist experience in change at a supply chain/logistics management level, to join our team and report into the Head of Procurement & Commercial.
The role will be responsible for range management and demand planning for materials and parts held across the SGN network, that are required to serve operational and capital project requirements. You will be expected to maximise availability and optimise inventory levels across points of supply to the network i.e. stores locations. You will have excellent analytical skills to build and model an optimal materials plan & forecasts and in-turn measure & report results. Allied to this, you will have an up to date understanding of operational supply chain practices such that you can inform and shape future materials management and logistics models for the business.
This role is essential to drive and embed good materials management practices and will work closely with the Procurement Team and Logistics Team Planners, as well as key stakeholders in the business.
- Responsible for inventory integrity and related stock management practices at SGN Depots and responsible for BAU Inventory management across c50 stores and delivery points across the SGN network
- Responsible for setting and reporting stock availability targets in conjunction with Logistics Demand Planning Team and accountable for meeting operational needs so that no regulatory or operational targets are breeched
- Creation of demand plans that reflect business requirements across operations and projects and setting inventory plans including contingency and emergency stock
- Accountable for ensuring that business requirements are fully understood and that stock availability and overall stock holding values and range are optimised to meet those requirements in conjunction with Logistics Demand Planning Team.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement within the supply chain and successful working with related teams i.e. Procurement & Logistics. Managing the change process with stakeholders to ensure that improvements are effectively implemented, and benefits secured.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible.
We also offer company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’re looking for a self-motivated, organised and disciplined individual with the analytical mindset that this role requires. Given that this person will be managing relationships with senior stakeholders, strong people skills and good communication is essential.
To be successful in this role, you will need previous industry experience in developing and implementing effective supply chain strategies with a proven track record of improvements to cost/service. This experience must include an understanding of operational supply chain practices and specialist knowledge of Inventory optimisation techniques.
We are also looking for;
- Industry professional degree level qualified or holding a recognised qualification e.g. IOSCM, CIPS or CILT which is related to supply chain management
- Understanding and experience of inventory budgeting and input to financial forecasting, including an awareness of leading-edge Inventory and Supply Chain principles
- Understanding of SGN operational business areas, key stakeholders, engagement and reporting skills
- Analytical and numerical skills combined with commercial awareness
- Advanced user of MS Excel, MS Database and analytical tools
- Change Agent and ability to influence for positive outcomes
- Project definition and planning, reporting writing and presentation creation
- Inventory budget management
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…