About the Role:
As Supply Chain Analyst the successful candidate will use analytical and quantitative methods to understand and enhance processes within the Inventory and Supply team. They will be responsible for assembling data, analysing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations to support the wider team and aid Continuous Improvement activities. By analysing the movement of goods through the supply pipeline, monitoring current processes and identifying gaps, they will be able to develop process improvements and document these in Standard Operating Procedures.
In addition, the Supply Chain Analyst will be required to provide support to the Inventory and Supply Chain Manager on pipeline projects as the business look to grow their stock management solution across the company. Tasks will include analytical work, design/solutioning, testing, documenting developed processes and assisting with the roll out and training.Key Accountabilities:
What we’re looking for:
- Gather, interpret and link data from different sources/systems to analyse and drive improvement
- Investigate problems, find route cause and develop solutions
- Ensure that controls and processes are in place which adhere to audit and governance protocols in existing and future systems build
- Develop KPI reporting
- Project support – analytics, design/solutioning, UAT and training
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within the Inventory and Supply team
What’s in it for you?
- Exceptional Supply Chain and Operational knowledge
- Strategic thinker
- SAP ECC experience in MM (Material Management) & WM (Warehouse Management) preferred
- Highly proficient Microsoft Excel user
- In depth understanding of demand planning/forecasting practices
- Projects experience - working end-to-end on a new system/solution roll out
- Stakeholder management - ability to operate, engage, communicate and influence at all levels within the business
- Commercially astute - focus on delivering results for the long-term benefit of the business
- Highly organised
- Self-starter with the ability to understand key tasks/work required without input from others
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.