We have an opportunity for you to join our depot in Guildford, responsible for supervising several ‘Dig’ teams, working across the Thames Water network.
Through effective leadership, performance management and coaching, your teams will provide an efficient service, whilst maintaining appropriate safety and quality standards, that ensure a safe working environment for your teams, subcontractors and members of the public.
We are looking for a natural leader who is proactive and enjoys seeking and exploiting opportunities to become more efficient.
• Inspire and lead your teams and create a ‘safety first & right first time’ culture.
• Ensure your team members have the appropriate training to be compliant and to ensure competency in their work.
• Always look for opportunities to upskill and prepare your team members for possible promotion (succession planning).
• Lead your customer focused teams to work in a way that minimises customer contacts and deliver service excellence.
• Effectively manage escalated customer concerns when required.
• Provide operational & technical support to prevent / proactively manage and resolve any event / incident.
• Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to ensure operational risks are eradicated or minimised.
• Promote and drive continual improvement – encourage your teams to come up with innovative ideas.
• Approve and review contractor method statements and the issue of necessary Health and Safety documentation.
• Prepare and review risk assessments, always ensuring fatigue management and wellbeing are considered.
• Undertake regular safety audits / audits of work activity.
• Identify safety hazards and ensure controls are implemented and promote near miss / hazard spots reporting.
• Ensure issues raised are resolved and lessons learned are shared to embed a positive health and safety culture to include zero harm and zero utility strikes.
• Carry out post safety incident review investigations.
We are keen to receive applications from candidates with significant experience in the water industry, who have a NRSWA accreditation (supervisor), CSCS and SSSTS Cards, a Cat and Genny certification and a good understanding of CDM working practices.
It is also important to be a capable user of MS products, in particular Outlook, Teams, Excel and Word.
If you believe you have what it takes and are looking to join a professional organisation, that can provide job security and opportunities to continually learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.