- Job Reference: 00007998-1
- Date Posted: 8 January 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
Working under the direction of the Manager for the planning, control and supervision of staff and resources to maintain the collection of refuse and recycling throughout the district.
Duties and key responsibilities – Operational
• Plan and organise daily tasks, arranging crew deployment, allocating vehicles, plant and materials to ensure completion of contractual requirements and specifications.
• Prepare and record resource schedules for all work programmes so as to ensure adequate labour, vehicles, plant and materials are available to meet contract schedules, informing Manager of any shortfalls and action taken to resolve.
• Set output targets for all crews and monitor performance and standards against targets.
• Ensure that all staff completes accurately all relevant documentation – driver defect reports, work schedules, time sheets, driver’s hours and additional work instructions.
• Ensure that wheel torque and vehicle cleaning is being carried out as per company procedures each week.
• Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the H&S at Work Act and all other work related legislation.
• Carry out Health & Safety monitoring, and reversing assistant monitoring to all crews, each crew should be seen a minimum of once per week.
• To maintain all records and systems for the effective operation of the contract.
• Maintain high standards of contractor/client liaison.
• Manage employee attendance, staff grievances, misconduct and discipline within the scope of the Company guidelines. Carry out return to work interviews on employees following all non-attendances at work and invoke capability procedures if required.
• To assist the Company in achieving its published Business Objectives and complying with all procedures in line with the ISO system.
• Assist Street Cleansing supervisor and Compliance supervisor as and when required to maintain correct supervision and conformance across contract.
• You may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business, all additional duties will be considered to be within your capacity and capability.
Driving vehicles up to 3.5t.
LGV Class 2
Working on the highway.
Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Able to work flexible hours
Are a good-timekeeper
Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written including IT.
Able to work in adverse weather conditions
Hold a valid UK Driving licence
Pay attention to detail
Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised, as well as being adaptable to new and changing situations (problems).
Ability to delegate, train, lead and monitor workforce.
Have an intermediate knowledge of Health and Safety Policy & Procedures
Experience of planning workload, holidays, and scheduling
Be calm, assertive and confident, show sympathy as required
Experience of stock control and related issues
Personal attributes and other requirements
Good Communication Skills.
Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
Clean Driving Licence
Local knowledge of area
Be keen to undertake personal development
Previous operational experience
Be a team-player
Able to operate mechanical equipment, after instruction
Excellent customer service skills
Intermediate IT Skills
Good time Management
Experience of training and developing others
Proven negotiation skills
Ability to learn
Experience of unionised work environments
Able to undertake presentations
Be results orientated
Any other reasonable request