Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a streetworks planner / scheduler to work on our Thames Water Capital Delivery Contract in South London and Thames Valley.
As a Streetworks Coordinator, you will be part of our Streetworks Team who are responsible for the generation and administration of all street work permits and notices related to Metering. You will ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA) and the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA). The role involves particular focus on coordination of works with our Planning and Scheduling Teams to enable operational delivery in compliance with relevant legislation.
As the Streetworks Coordinator your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Work closely to build strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including relevant Highway Authorities, internal schedulers and Thames Water operations
- Raise permits and notices in accordance with NRSWA using Insight notice management system
- Manage active permits and notices to maintain compliance at all stages of the job, preventing Fixed Penalty Notices and overrun charges
- Support with customer complaints and escalations as and when requested by Thames Water and Customer Care
- Respond to Highway Authority comments and Modification Requests promptly
- Update and report from corporate work management systems to track work progress and maintain an accurate audit trail of permit and notice history
- Manage notices and permits in line with Traffic Management requirements, including but not limited to: CAD drawings, bus stop suspensions and parking bay suspensions
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of relevant Street Works Legislation in particular New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and the Code of Practice for Inspections
- Experience of notice management systems and specialised work management systems are preferable – Including Insight (Symology), and Oracle Field Services
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn all aspects of the role and develop existing skills
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.