Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Streetworks Defects Coordinator to work on our Thames Water MGJV contract in Dartford. Morrison Utility Services, together with Galliford deliver services to Thames Water in a joint venture called the Morrison Galliford Joint Venture (MGJV). This is a multi-functional role which encompasses defect coordination and performance of operations to support Morrison Utility Services in playing a key role in the AMP7 Thames Water Smart Metering contract in the London and Thames Valley areas.
As the Streetworks Defects Coordinator, you will be part of our Quality Assurance Team who are responsible for the quality and compliance of all construction works, defect processes and coordination.
As the Streetworks Defects Coordinator your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate defects, permits and notices in accordance with NRSWA using the Insight/Street Manager notice management system and challenge defects prior to allocation
- Manage active defects, permits and notices to maintain compliance at all stages of the job, preventing fixed penalty notices and overrun charges
- Update and report from corporate work management systems to track work progress and maintain an accurate audit trail of defects
- Work closely to build strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Support with customer complaints and escalations as and when requested by Thames Water and customer care
- Complete and distribute performance reports using our photo internal systems and develop reports for the Senior Defects Coordinator
- Respond to highway authority comments promptly
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to negotiate across different levels and manage stakeholders
- Proven IT skills particularly MS Word, MS excel
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management
Experience of notice management systems and specialised work management systems are preferable; however, training will be provided on MUS applications.
The candidate must be within a commutable distance to Dartford.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holidays
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.