Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Streetworks Compliance Trainer to work on our Thames Water Smart Metering contract across the South East and London.
As a Streetworks Compliance Trainer, you will work across two key areas of operations to support Morrison Utility Services in playing a key role in the exciting AMP7 Thames Water Smart Metering contract.
Together with Galliford, we deliver services to Thames Water in a joint venture called the Morrison Galliford Joint Venture (MGJV).
As the Streetworks Compliance Trainer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the delivery of specific practical ‘hands on’ and classroom based training requirements to support the Smart Metering Programme, this is to ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA), NRSWA 1991 and associated guidance
- Responsible for auditing, reporting and supporting the operational supervisors and operatives to ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Thames Water Essential Safety Standards, Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA), New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, (NRSWA), Thames Meter Installation Specification, Highways Act 1980, Health and Safety Work Act 1974 and associated guidance
- Delivery of practical training sessions to Operational staff on Streetworks compliance in our designated streetworks training area
- Providing and delivering classroom based training on all elements of Streetworks compliance, encompassing the Highways Act 1980, NRSWA 1991 and TMA 2004 and associated guidance
- Proactively monitor streetworks quality compliance to ensure that any training requirements are identified
- Minimising all streetworks fines by supporting Supervisors and Operatives to, reduce and eliminate workmanship issues
- Supporting the defect management process with Thames Water
- Undertaking joint inspections with local authority inspectors and/or their representatives and agree remedial works or other requirements and actions
- Carry out SHEQ audits (SHE, Audit App, MGJV) and utilise Salesforce
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to deliver Streetworks training in a "hands-on" practical and classroom setting
- Competent user of MS Office, onsite Audit Apps and relevant software
- Level 3 award in education and training or similar, is desirable
- NRSWA Supervisor qualification (all units)
- CITB SMSTS, IOSH or similar
- Experience in supervising and inspecting highways works
- Detailed working knowledge of NRSWA 1991, Highways Act 1980, TMA 2004
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.