About the role:
As Strategy Delivery Lead you will be responsible for implementing and embedding improvement projects and initiatives in order to deliver measurable and sustainable efficiencies across OPALIM & Operations.
This role works within a unique cross-functional team, balancing operational demand and strategic thinking so you will be in a position to influence decisions to help shape what we do every day and in terms of planning for the future.
Alongside this you will work within the Strategy team to drive forward a long term, well governed business strategy for OPALIM. This may include delivery or support in large scale transformational change in support of the function or the wider Operations business unit.Key Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of strategic plans and appropriate governance measures to ensure robust planning processes support the long-term ambitions and objectives of OPALIM – inclusive of in year, annual and AMP planning.
- Responsible for delivery of all core project management activities appropriate for the lifecycle of various projects, initiatives and programmes in line with established OPALIM project processes.
- Accountable for maintenance of all project governance documentation in support of effective project delivery and implementation as well as any potential audits.
- Responsible for the provision of appropriate reporting and tracking of programme performance against milestone plans, delivery outputs and any relevant KPIs, ODI or other established success criteria.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Accountable for proactive development and maintenance of strong stakeholder relationships across OPALIM and the wider business, ensuring excellent communication plans are a part of every project delivered.
- Facilitate the identification and monitoring of Risks, Issues, Assumptions, Dependencies and Opportunities (RAIDO) across OPALIM, for projects and wider business activity.
- Ad-hoc delivery and/or ownership of business activities or analysis for OPALIM and wider Operations functions as required in addition to project led requirements to similar work – as an example this could be anything from cost transformation related activities to support for OPALIM reporting, however these will change and adapt throughout the lifecycle of this role and the requirements of the OPALIM function/wider business.
- Some ad-hoc cost, benefit, and operational data analysis may be undertaken in support of wider OPALIM initiatives outside of assigned projects – dependant on experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Previous change/strategy management experience within customer-focused business change environment is preferred
- Strong leadership skills with excellent stakeholder engagement capability
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong planning skills and self-management capability
- Demonstrable capability to drive analysis, reporting and insights to contribute to making informed business decisions – strong excel or PowerBI skills would be advantageous.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise conflicting requirements
- Understanding of Water and wastewater operations is preferable
- Strong IT literacy with emphasis on MS Office software
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.