About The Role
Morrison Water Services is currently in search of an experienced Strategic Development Manager who would be able to help develop and deliver our strategic growth targets and who has experience of the water and waste water market sectors. Reporting into the Contracts Director for Business Services, the role will be to seek and lead major project and framework bidding activity.
The primary responsibility is to be the main interface for our strategic development and then assisting in any subsequent bidding activity. The role will be to identify, lead and manage the strategic targets and opportunities of the business including key client interface.
The successful candidate would also fulfil a strategic role within the bid/tender team and as such would need an understanding of the technical requirements, operational delivery requirements, commercial requirements and industry best practice to enable the business to submit a compelling and competitive bid.
As the Strategic Development Manager, your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Formulation and development of strategic plans
- Development of excellent client relationships
- Enhance the current major projects tendering process to improve the company’s ability to win work
- Conduct and contribute towards pre and post tender/bid meetings with clients in pursuit of securing work
- Ensure the contractual requirements are reflected in the estimating activity
- Oversee the technical submission requirements
- Manage the interface and engagement with the operational leads relevant to the opportunity
- Oversee and partake in the physical bid writing function (where required)
- Facilitate the interface with the commercial team
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the water and waste water market sectors
- Engineering/technical competence by way of industry knowledge
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Confident and self-motivated individual with the ability to innovate
- Excellent CRM skills
- Able to manage situations when workload presents conflicting demands
- Team and individual talent development
- Be able to work with others to understand, develop and harness the knowledge and best practice both within and outside of the business
- Report writing skills
- Preferred but not essential – experience of working within a client organisation.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.