Stores & Procurement Manager (Maternity Cover)
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfills by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are currently looking for a Stores & Procurement Manager to join our team at our Millerhill Energy from Waste (EfW) facility and help us run an efficient and effective Stores function. This is full-time role covering a period of maternity leave for approximately 12 months.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
If you have experience in store(s) operation and management, alongside strong knowledge of stock control and management systems, this is the perfect opportunity to advance your career with our growing, environmentally-focused organisation.
As a key member of our team, you’ll be playing an important role in helping us to make an impact and reduce waste, whilst expanding your experience and driving your skills to the next level.
So, if you’re looking for a varied and engaging role, we want to hear from you!
As a Stores & Procurement Manager, you will operate and manage the Stores function at the Millerhill EfW facility, optimising plant performance, availability and profitability.
In this varied role, you will work closely with the Maintenance and Operations teams on the development and utilisation of an efficient and effective Stores function. This will include overseeing the procurement process for materials, services and equipment.
You will monitor, maintain and record stock levels of stores inventory and plant consumables, forecast demand, plan supplies, complete purchase orders and accept returns.
Additionally, you will:
- Train other staff in the administration, management and operation of the stores
- Assist in the development, implementation, management and utilisation of the site’s Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Help negotiate and place orders with suppliers and contractors
- Provide support with outage planning, scheduling, co-ordination and management
- Help operate on-site equipment such as forklift trucks and/or plant hoists
To join us as a Stores & Procurement Manager, you will need:
- Solid experience in store(s) operation and management
- Experience in raising orders, invoicing and receipting
- Experience of working in a process or similar plant
- Experience in planned plant shutdowns
- Experience of working with, and supervising, contractors
- Experience of working in a technically challenging environment
- Knowledge of stock control and management systems
- Proficiency in IT, particularly the Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to learn new systems
- The ability to drive a forklift
Familiarity with Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) would be beneficial to your application, as would a NEBOSH or IOSH qualification (IOSH managing safely is preferred).
Experience of working on, and maintaining, an Energy from Waste plant would also be advantageous, as would familiarity with other computer applications including Microsoft Projects and Oracle.
Other organisations may call this role Stores Manager, Procurement Manager, Inventory & Stores Manager, Purchasing Manager, or Operations Manager.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking an opportunity as a Stores & Procurement Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.