Salary: £23.7k – £26.3k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
We currently have a vacancy for the role of Store Coordinator for our Edinburgh Depot, based in Axis House. The overall purpose of the job is to ensure materials and equipment are available when needed, as well as maintaining an economic balance of materials.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Working as part of the Stores and Logistics Team supporting a busy operational depot
- Stock control, including maintaining the appropriate levels and reordering as appropriate
- Managing the supply of plant and equipment
- Record keeping in terms of orders, current stock levels, equipment, etc.
- Liaison with Plant and Equipment stores - Eurocentral and Provan in Scotland
- Management of waste streams
- On site facilities management, including key holding and site security
- Do you have what we are looking for?
- Prior knowledge and experience of managing a store is essential.
- No academic qualifications/certifications are essential in this role.
This role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Highly organised
- Accurate record keeping
- Knowledge of operational jobs in terms of what is required
- Full UK driving license required’ – Preferable Class 2 & HIAB certificate holder.
- Forklift Truck licence
- Track Record of working to tight deadlines
- Good man-management skills
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Organised with a methodical approach
- Must be able to problem solve and demonstrate good judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate
- Experience with MS Outlook, Microsoft Word & Excel
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…