We have an exciting opportunity within our Commercial team for a Sourcing Manager;
you will be responsible for developing and managing sourcing initiatives for complex projects that will deliver the best value to Thames Water. You will be accountable for establishing effective working relationships with both key stakeholders and the supply market whilst demonstrating Thames Water values and behaviours. Other responsibilities will include:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Lead strategy development for specific complex projects
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following Thames Water sourcing methodology
- Ensure and demonstrate that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health and safety and well-being are being effectively considered and managed through each initiative
- Ensure that sourcing projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, best value and fulfilling customers' expectations
- Ensure that audit trails, document and information systems and all supplier information exchanges are effective, with robust confidentiality and traceability, in line with the Procurement Regulations
- Demonstrate leadership within the Commercial Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment and best-practice. Contribute to the delivery of your team’s targets by maintaining a fast pace in all sourcing projects, and challenging others to do the same.
- Apply a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst at all times cognisant of being a representative of Thames Water
- Ensure that at all times that EU procurement regulations and rules are observed during strategic sourcing initiatives
- Ensure PETE processes are adhered to.
- Efficiently managing spend and information gathering process by working with the Business Analyst, suppliers and third parties (e.g. research agencies)
- Create compelling, well-structured, accurate reports. documents and presentations and effectively deliver to all levels of the business (both internally and externally)
What’s in it for you:
- MCIPS Qualified
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Firm understanding and experience of operating Utilities Contract Regulations 2016
- Extensive experience of strategic sourcing in a multi stakeholder environment
- Strong experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Track record in delivering against stretching benefits targets
- Experience in managing multi £m business transformational projects
- Excellent proven commercial and contractual acumen
- Solid negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Outstanding communication skills and customer service ethic
- Self-starter – resilient and tenacious under pressure
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water.About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.