About the role:
Reporting to the Procurement Sourcing leads this role is responsible for developing and managing compelling sourcing initiatives for complex projects that deliver best value to Thames Water. Accountable for establishing effective working relationships with both key stakeholders and the supply market whilst demonstrating Thames Water values and behaviours.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Leading strategy development for specific complex projects
- Creation of compelling and innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas which challenge current ways of working and deliver best value to Thames Water
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following Thames Water sourcing methodology
- Demonstrating that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health and safety & well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative
- Ensuring that sourcing projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, best value and fulfilling customers' expectations
- Ensuring that audit trails, document and information systems and all supplier information exchanges are effective, with robust confidentiality and traceability, in line with the Procurement Regulations
- Demonstrate leadership within the Commercial Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment and best-practice. Contribute to the delivery of your team’s targets by maintaining a fast pace in all sourcing projects, and challenging others to do the same.
- Applying a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst at all times cognisant of being a representative of Thames Water
- Independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion.
- Building deep and trusting relationships with key stakeholders with an ability to engage and influence at senior levels
- Working with stakeholders on the responsibilities for contract launch and prepare for handover to Contract Management team for in-contract management
- Development of effective relationships with the supply market which generate positive and value driven outcomes.
- Ensuring that at all times that EU procurement regulations and rules are observed during strategic sourcing initiatives
- Ensuring PETE processes are adhered to
- Creating compelling, well-structured, accurate reports. documents and presentations and effectively deliver to all levels of the business (both internally and externally)
- Interactively tailoring the depth of communicated information for specific audiences and situations
- Developing effective relationships with the supply market which generate positive and value driven outcomes
- Efficiently managing spend and information gathering process by working with the Business Analyst, suppliers and third parties (e.g. research agencies)
- Working Business Analysts to identify key insightful findings in order to prepare a comprehensive category profile
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting on the sourcing projects using available reporting tools
- Creating compelling, well-structured, accurate reports. documents and presentations and effectively deliver to all levels of the business (both internally and externally).
- Support development of best practice across the Commercial lifecycle; ensuring PETE is regularly reviewed and updated
- Shape and challenge business strategy utilising market and supplier insight
What’s in it for you:
- MCIPS Qualified.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Firm understanding and experience of operating Utilities Contract Regulations 2016
- Extensive experience of strategic sourcing in a multi stakeholder environment
- Strong experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Some industry and business knowledge
- Track record in delivering against stretching benefits targets
- Experience in managing multi £m business transformational projects
- Excellent proven commercial and contractual acumen
- Solid negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Outstanding communication skills and customer service ethic
- USPs – what makes this role unique in a one liner?
- Highlight any growth opportunities within the role - research suggests candidates prioritise challenges over incentives.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.