Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)
SALARY £38,000 - £40,000
Employment type Permanent
Hours/shift pattern 37 hours per week
This role offers you the flexibility to work from home and from and our office. You will be working for Tide Service Ltd commercial business for the Geodesys brand. Geodesys provide a range of conveyancing searches and associated products. Your base location will be Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to be part of a busy, innovative and driven team which looks to deliver software to a high quality and as efficiently as possible then look no further!
If you are passionate about testing, want to work in a dynamic environment and have the drive for continuous improvement and learning then we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
As our Geodesys SDET the key focus of this role will cover a broad range of skills relating to automation testing: -
* Configuration management of test environments
* Being the lead on increasing the automation of all types of testing within the CD pipeline including rollback process.
* Preparing test cases
* Creating of scripts
* Executing functional and non-functional tests for performance and security for micro services
* Producing test outcome reports to increase confidence on quality to the Product Owner
As a valued employee, you'll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 26 days annual leave - rising with length of service
- Flexible working
- Bonus scheme of up to 10% of your annual salary
- Competitive pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a Software Developer?
Skills required for this role:
- Experience in one or more of C#, VB .NET, Java, Python, Perl, Raku or similar programming languages
- A proven understanding of working with "AGILE + DevOps" process management methodology.
- Extensive experience in testing methods, preferably ISTQB CTFL-AuT certified or equivalent.
- Experienced in the implementation of Security (SECOPS), Performance and smoke testing.
- Experienced in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experienced in Test Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, NUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Experienced in Gherkin syntax.
- Experienced in Azure DEVOPS.
- Must have an proven understanding of CI/CD.
- A proven understanding of Agile software delivery approach with emphasis around the understanding of user journeys, customer needs and use of personas.
- Knowledge of databases and database querying, especially SQL database.
- Awareness of Angular SPA Framework, Protractor, GIT, understanding of serverless architecture and ability to configure Mock end points (REST) would be advantageous.
- Desire to learn emerging technologies and open to sharing ideas.
Why Tide Services?
TIDE Services Limited comprises of three diverse and interesting brands with each operating in an ever-changing and challenging market. Joining TIDE Services Limited you will enjoy all the benefits of working for the Anglian Water Group. We believe your salary and bonus should be just the beginning of your reward package. There's nothing basic about the breadth and competitiveness of the benefits we offer, from pension and private healthcare to flexible working and beyond.
At TIDE Services Limited we encourage a creative and fun environment and this forward-thinking approach means a friendly atmosphere, a great place to work and an excellent opportunity to develop yourself and your career. This is all whilst having the variety, flexibility and camaraderie of working as part of a small team.
Closing date: 04 October 2020
Interview dates: TBC