Click here to view Smart Metering Solutions Architect Job Description
The Smart Metering project is a new but extremely important initiative for Affinity Water. This is a key role within the new Smart Metering team, responsible for providing support for programme governance and schedule to ensure it is delivered effectively whilst meeting the business objectives for smart metering deployment and benefits realisation.
The smart metering programme has be
en developed to support Affinity Waters objectives, meeting our environmental and water conservation targets whilst considering population growth. To achieve this, we need to deliver an ambitious demand management programme that delivers a mix of leakage reduction (through fixing leaks and replacing pipes), smart metering and water efficiency campaigns.
To support the Smart Metering Programme at Affinity Water, the Solutions Architect will be joining the Data & Architecture team to design and deliver scalable business solutions to enable Smart Meter data to be shared across multiple legacy systems and platforms.
We are looking for a meticulous Solutions Architect with strong experience in Solutions architecture who can design and
deliver whilst setting standards and patterns for others to follow and will be required to collaborate closely with relevant Engineers, Business Analysts, Architects and Developers to design, build and deliver effective solutions.
You'll gain exposure to a wide range of modern cloud-based technologies and traditional COTS based solutions, continually learning and developing your skills, while integrating multi-platform systems into an enterprise-wide eco-system.
You will have had experience in previous architectural or design roles and will have an excellent working knowledge of design patterns, integrations patterns and architectural frameworks.
- 5+ years' experience developing and delivering technology solutions within an architectural framework
- Ability to translate business requirements into solution options and designs for approval and implementations.
- Experience designing enterprise grade solutions.
- Proven experience of delivering scalable, robust and secure solutions, within time and budget constraints to highly professional customer facing standards
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information and disparate requirements and translate them fit-for-purpose solution.
- A strong understanding of UI/UX design concepts
- Knowledge of common architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman and PEAF)
- Strong understanding of information management practices
- The ability to communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid Flexible working - Office based 3 days per week is expected, Improve your home-work balance
- Entry into the company annual bonus
- Annual leave 27 days rising with length of service
- A generous pension scheme that doubles the contributions you make, up to a maximum of 12%
- We offer enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave. We also have a Carers policy and Menopause policy to help us support our people through different stages of their lives.
- Access to our Wellbeing Centre with support for looking after your physical and mental
- Discounts for Medical and Dental Insurance, Retail Outlets
- Volunteer days
Affinity Water recognises the benefits of greater diversity in our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We are committed to building a more inclusive culture where every member of our workforce can thrive.