Salary – £41,191 + £1,200 on-target reward scheme & great benefits
Are you a trained Meter Engineer? Do you want more flexibility in your role? Do you enjoy helping people? If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re currently looking for SMART Meter Engineer Support Agents with electricity & gas meter experience to join our growing Field Debt Solutions team. Here you’ll play an important role in helping our customers resolve their debts. You’ll work with our customers to support them with any future payments, installing PAYG where it’s the best option, as well as helping them find ways to reduce energy consumption.
We’ll provide you with all the equipment you need: smartphone, tablet, tools, uniform, vehicle and fuel card. We’ll train you to install SMART meters the E.ON way, and to offer the right payment option to our customers. After your training period, you'll be able to earn extra as part of our achievable reward scheme, allowing you to top up your earnings based on delivering great outcomes to our customers.
Every visit is different, and we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service in the field. With no set shifts you can balance your work around your life, as long as you meet your weekly working hours. With optional overtime you can also top up your earnings even more! If you're looking for a role with real variety, independence, job satisfaction and the opportunity to help people please apply today!
Key responsibilities include
- Delivering excellent service to our customers by understanding their circumstances and helping them agree an appropriate solution to resolve their debt.
- Planning efficient routes to reduce carbon footprint.
- Carrying out investigations, collating evidence and obtaining information.
- Identifying new tenants through face-to-face discussions, Letting Agents and neighbours while complying with DPA (Data Protection Act).
- Exchanging meters to SMART Pay as You Go or Classic Prepayment.
- Where necessary, leading a warrant team to force entry to customer premises to exchange/disconnect meters.
- Recording job information using the appropriate paperwork or electronic equipment.
- Reporting Health & Safety risks or customer vulnerability.
What we need from you
- A full valid UK/EU driving licence (preferably clean, but with a maximum of 6 points).
- SMART Meter & Dual Fuel trained.
- Previous experience gained within a customer facing role.
- Live within the area and happy to travel.
- Excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills.
Here's what else you need to know
- The salary for this role is £41,191. This includes a base salary of £36,131 + £1,860 skilled allowance for gas metering and revenue protection work (added to your salary as soon as you complete your training) + £2,000 location allowance.
- There is an achievable £1,200 on-target reward scheme, with the potential to earn more for higher performance.
- This is a permanent role.
- Our market-leading benefits package includes 26 days holiday + bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, life cover, bonus and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits with tax and/or NI savings. In fact, our benefits package recently won the Personnel Today Reward, Recognition and Benefits Award 2022!
- As the only energy company to feature in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers (our 2022/23 ranking is 15th) we’ve proven that we’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
- We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we’re happy to talk flexible working and offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time and job share.
- As a Disability Confident Employer we interview every disabled applicant who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- We’ve exciting opportunities for everyone to develop their talent at E.ON. Our open access, inclusive talent networks provide networking, learning and development for all, building your skills, qualifications, and capabilities throughout your career.