Here at Avove Utilities We understand the impact our work has on our society and the environment. It’s the difference we make that improves people’s lives and helps the economy to grow. We work alongside our customers to deliver resilient, bespoke infrastructure solutions that keep the taps running, the energy flowing and people connected. The work we do together matters. Check out all of our vacancies at How to join - Avove
Our Capital Works team on the Severn Trent Water Contract are looking for an experienced Site Supervisor with a Utilities background to join their expanding team. You will assist the works and the Project Manager in delivering allocated tasks safely in accordance with legislation and Avove company procedures to contract specification and programme, while effectively supervising and delivering approved construction tasks to the agreed resource and programme timescales. This is a full time permanent role and will be based around the Telford area.
- To promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety responsibility
- Responsible for the submission of accurate site records to enable effective monitoring of programme and cost plans as requested to agreed format as applicable
- Ensure that tool box talks, task briefs and COSSH briefs are carried out for all work tasks prior to commencement of work for allocated contracts
- Ensure that all allocated tasks are undertaken in accordance with the planned safe method of working
- Responsible for ordering and receipt of site deliverables, timely returns of goods receipts notices as instructed
- Supervise subcontractors, contract staff and direct labour and carry out performance reviews for direct reports
- Responsible for ordering and receipt of site plant, including security and timely off–hire as instructed
Skills & Experience:
- Must have a full clean driving licence
- NRSWA, EUSR SHEA and Water Hygiene qualifications
- IOSHH Managing Safely & COSHH
- Emergency first aid at work
- Engineering supervisory skills
- Supervisory management training with relevant practical experience
- The ability to supervise and lead the site team in the successful delivery of the allocated contracts
- We offer a competitive salary that is based on proven skills and experience. Hard work is celebrated and rewarded.
- We recognise that one size doesn’t fit all so everyone has access to a variety of flexible benefits that work for you.
- Min. 24 days holiday plus statutory holidays (option to buy more)
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A selection of lifestyle benefit options
- Financial wellbeing programme
- Employee assistance program for health and wellbeing and onsite mental health first aiders to support our colleagues
We love to give back so we offer you volunteering days in your community and charity matched giving where we will boost your fundraising
Our main value is to “Move Life Forward” and we are committed to developing our colleagues and encouraging personal growth, in conjunction with a flexible working approach so everyone can thrive in an inclusive and open environment.
We encourage you to apply for this role as soon as you can. We recognise talent waits for no one, so we progress candidates independently through all stages of recruitment process.